Monday, July 12, 2010

Back in Action!

  Hello...Testing...1...2...3....Is anyone there? Internet Cyberspace are you listening?  I guess you are the only one.  That's ok.  Just finished with the big move and now I can get some real work done.  I was currently reading Rise of the Deva'shi by Jennifer Allis Provost but have left my copy at my old house.  Don't panic people.  I will get my copy back.

   In the meantime let's talk T.V.  I know, I know, the site says "Tara's BOOK Shelf", but I just can't help it.  Haven't been able to read much lately and watching t.v. is one of my few favorite things to do.  So let's talk tube.  I recently have discovered Veronica Mars on my netflix.  I had wanted to watch it when it originally came out but it conflicted with other shows I watched.  I am hooked.  I find Kristin Bell's voice to bring me back to those blogging days of one of every girls favorite blogger, Carrie Bradshaw.  Kristin's narrative ways completely remind me of Sarah Jessica Parker.  I wonder whether Rob Thomas channeled a teen Carrie while writing the show.  You know how writers play their favorite play lists in the background?  Maybe someone was doing the same, just had the show on in the background.  It doesn't matter either way.
  I can't decide if it is the on going case through the season, the love triangle with a very cute Jason Dohring, or the small different cases every episode. Mmmmm....Jason Dohring!  Yum!  I think it may be him.  Boy was I glad to see one of my favorite vamps, Josef (from Moonlight), playing a hot hunky high school boy! He has a Edward Norton-esk kind of look to him, don't you think?  Either way I really enjoy the show and I find Kristin to be very cute as well.  It's nice to see her growing career blossom into an actress I can enjoy watching.

   I also saw Eclipse not to long ago.  I have always said it was my favorite book.  The movie lived up to my expectations.  The tent scene also titled "Fire and Ice" in the book was almost to the "T".  I really appreciate that Melissa Rosenberg.  Thank you for writing that the right way and kudos to the editor who left the scene the way it was suppose to be and didn't chop it to pieces and feed it to the frenzy of the "Man".  I always knew that movies are not necessarily crappy because of the writers but because of bad editing.  But that doesn't mean that the writers are off the hook either.   As usual Robert Pattinson sparkled in true Edward fashion and Taylor Lautner stalked around like the true Jacob we all know.  I am still Switzerland.  I was always an Edward fan but in my heart I am truly Swiss and could never have chose between them.  If I was Bella I probably would have ran off and lived in misery all by myself.  Good for her to make a choice.  Now we will have to wait and see what comes next.  Will Breaking Dawn get a rating of "R" or "PG-16".    I personally want "R"!  We need some action.

Alright cyberspace I am leaving now.  I promise I will try to be back regularly.  How else will we make this a true blog spot! This is me signing out!

Peace! (Just seemed appropriate...don't ask, I don't know.)

No comments:

Post a Comment